Charlie Christianson – What You Should Know About File Backup
Blissful Peace of Mind
Many business owners assume that their file backup program or a cloud based file backup program has backed up those irreplaceable data files.
When the “day of infamy” arrives and a data restore is necessary – surprise, anguish and many unrepeatable words will be uttered as they discover the restored data is incomplete.
The Culprit – Applications Left Open
Users often forget to close an application or in many cases the services for this application are always running in the background as a service (desktop service and or server service).
What Can You Do
- Know what data you need backed up
- Check with the software vendor to find out where backup files are stored
- Ask your IT company or backup application vendor if open files and what type of open files are being backed up ( You may be able to find these in the application vendor’s FAQ’s or Knowledge base)
- If the files you need are part of a service ask your IT vendor how to backup this data
- Call the Data Storage Professionals at CMD
Posted by DH 1/5/13