CMD DataVault is a secure online data backup solution that encrypts each file using 256-bit AES encryption technology. How strong is 256-bit AES encryption? Well, let’s put it this way. In June 2003, 256-AES was approved by the United States National Security Agency (NSA) for use encrypting the U.S. government’s documents classified “TOP SECRET.”
In addition to 256-bit encryption, the software communicates with the backup servers using SSL (Secure Socket Layers) technology. This is the same encryption technology used by Internet browsers when a user enters a secured site such as an online bank. As a result, the online backup is encrypted twice. It is encrypted at all times using the 256-bit AES encryption, and it is encrypted again while it’s being sent over the Internet.
Your data is stored (in encrypted form) in two, Tier-4, SSAE 16 Type 2 compliant, online data backup centers, located hundreds of miles apart from each other. Each data center has 24/7 monitoring and advanced security measures such as biometric controlled access as well as backup generators and redundant connections to the Internet.
- Automatic – Backups begin automatically according to a user definable schedule.
- Off-Site – All backups are sent to storage servers in secure off-site locations.
- Custom Schedules – Backups can be scheduled to run as often as you would like.
- Scalable – CMD DataVault scales with you. You will not have the expense of new hardware when your storage needs grow.
- Unlimited Backup Sets – Create multiple backup sets each with their own schedule and revision rules.
- Restore Files 24/7 – Get back a single file or recover all of the files that you have backed up whenever you need.
- Scripted Setup – CMD DataVault can be installed according to a setup script on multi-computer installations.
- Multiple off-site locations – Data is sent and stored in two redundant data centers located more than 500 miles apart.
- 256-bit AES Encryption – Files are encrypted using a unique encryption key known only to the user.
- Additional 128-bit Encryption – Files are transmitted to the backup servers over a SSL connection.
- Detailed Logs & Reports – CMD DataVaultmaintains detailed logs and provides a robust reporting system to view them.
- Email notifications – Automatically get notified when a backup completes.
- Block-Level Backup – Only the blocks of data that have changed need to be uploaded to the backup servers.
- Open & Locked File Support – Seamlessly backup files while they are open.
- Multiple Revisions – Choose to keep as many versions of older files as you require.
- Large File Support – Backup files of any size including multi-gigabyte files.
- Command Line Interface – Use the full suite of CMD DataVaultfeatures from the command line.
- Mapped Drive Support – Backup a NAS device or other network share using the software.
- Bandwidth Throttling – Limit the amount of bandwidth used for backups during business hours.